Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Mars on the Rise - Book Review

Mars on the Rise
by Rae Gee

Book Description:
A storyteller steps off a pier and into a world of steampunk oddities, fearsome weapons, and a dangerous man. Promised fame and fortune by the country's largest weapons manufacturer, Cedo gratefully falls into the arms of Erus Veetu. Dark, dangerous and with nothing to lose, Erus shows him that Svenfur isn't all Cedo thought it was. For beneath the streets is a dark, gas lit world of slavery, human sacrifice, and deadly machines. With the machines waging war in the East, can Cedo stop the country's deadliest man from bringing it to the shores of England? Or is he too late to penetrate the cold exterior of his Master and halt the cogs and gears of progress?

Set in a Victorian world of sex, drugs and steampower, Mars on the Rise tells a dark, gritty story of what happens when our dreams come true. Whether we want them to or not.

My Thoughts: 
I have to admit, this is different from my usual reads. I give this book 3 out of 5 stars. It took me a while to get into this story. There were parts I didn't 'get' but there were also parts that I did. There is male/male sex, violence, and slavery included. In my 'dreams' I don't/didn't dream of destructive machines as is in this book; so, that part is hard for me to accept and understanding Erus just does not compute!! 

Mars on the Rise can be purchased on Amazon.com in Kindle format here or in paperback here.

Disclaimer: I received this e-book, from the author Rae Gee, in exchange for my review. My review is my opinion and is in no way affected by this.

No comments:

Post a Comment